Food & Drinks Qualification (FDQ)
FDQ Is the leading awarding organisation, specialising in work-based qualifications for the food and drink industry.
Approved and regulated by the national qualifications regulator in England, Wales and Northern Ireland it has powers to develop and award vocational qualifications.
These qualifications meet the skills needs of those who work in the food and drink industry and its supply chain.
The FDQ carries out external quality assurance on centres such as ours to ensure we maintain the highest standards of training and assessment practice. The FDQ is closely associated with the Meat Training Council (MTC) and the Institute of Meat (IoM).
Food Industry Skills Qualifications
These offer learners the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge required to prove competence at work.
They also suit learners competent at core production/processing activities looking to expand their existing skills, perhaps to support multi-skilled activities or to develop into a specialist area such as quality assurance or laboratory operations.
The flexible choice of units, allows learners to select units that are most relevant to their own employment, learning and progression requirements.
The choice of units also reflects the wide variety of jobs which people do in different types of companies in the food industry.
These qualifications also offer learners the opportunity to develop knowledge in food technology. The breadth of the qualification extends into retail, service, distribution and specialist knowledge.
- Units within the qualifications now cover roles across the food supply chain allowing learners access to knowledge specific to their organisation/industry.
- Employers can build a qualification to up-skill their employees in the areas which their business needs most.
- Learners will emerge with enhanced practical skills, as well as food technical and scientific underpinning knowledge.
Below is a full list of our Food Industry Skills qualifications.
- Level 2 Award for Proficiency in Food Industry Skills
- Level 2 Certificate for Proficiency in Food Industry Skills
- Level 2 Diploma for Proficiency in Food Industry Skills
- Level 3 Award for Proficiency in Food Industry Skills
- Level 3 Certificate for Proficiency in Food Industry Skills
- Level 3 Diploma for Proficiency in Food Industry Skills
Apprenticeship programmes we deliver through FDQ:
- Food Retail Skills Foundation, Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship
- Food Manufacture Foundation, Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship
- Butchery Skills Foundation, Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship