Crosby Butchery Training have a vacancy for a Functional Skills Tutor.
Have you been looking for an exciting opportunity? If you’re an experienced Functional Skills Tutor looking for a role that will motivate you, challenge you and give you plenty of variety look no further! This leading Training Provider is looking for a qualified Tutor. On offer with this position is a very competitive salary and benefits package, along with genuine career progression!
So, if this looks like your next challenge, don’t hesitate to get it touch today!
Role: Functional Skills Tutor
Salary Range: 22k to 26K Depending on experience
Purpose of the role
Deliver and facilitate high quality Functional Skills learning in a timely and cost-effective way.
• To deliver functional skills training in Maths and English at levels 1 and 2
• To work in line with the Awarding body assessment strategy & requirements
• Support learners with additional learning needs
• To maintain accurate learner tracking information
• To liaise closely with the Lead Internal Quality Assurer and other Senior Managers
• You would be responsible for the Curriculum area
• Promote the name and reputation of both CMT & Walter Smith Fine Foods at every opportunity e.g. informing companies of new and existing qualifications/courses using designated company leaflets/handbooks, business cards, using social media.
• Plan, review and deliver quality learning sessions embedding employability skills and using learning technologies (Skype, YouTube, Videos, Websites etc) where appropriate and beneficial.
• Liaise with external contractors/ professionals (i.e. Dudley / Walsall College) to support students with complex and challenging needs, e.g. dyslexia.
• Assess learner work and cross reference the standards through Functional Skills criteria.
• Monitor and track progress of learners to ensure learning outcomes are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Maintain accurate learner records, file documentation, e.g. contact logs, use of Cognisoft, action plans from a quality assurance point of view.
• Liaise with external contractors (i.e. Dudley/ Walsall College) to arrange examination bookings, invigilation and collecting learner results.
• Meet company performance targets, progression and retention as communicated & agreed.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external individuals and groups, i.e. support colleagues in the delivery of FS’s, FS tutor networks.
• Maintain up to date CPD plan and record ensuring ongoing development of skills and knowledge.
• Ensure DBS checks are in place and the requirements of safeguarding are met effectively.
• Deliver Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) & Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) training as and when required.
• Support and work with the wider CMT team in Non-Food/SHE related initiatives, programmes and qualifications as required.
• Comply with all policies, procedures and legislation.
You will need the following:
• Functional Skills English & Maths – Level 2
• Teaching/Training Qualification e.g. Cert Ed/PTTLS
• Previous delivery of Functional Skills s in a work-based/classroom environment
• Experience of embedding Functional Skills in the workplace
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent planning & organising skills/diary management
• Experience of e-learning programmes
• ICT Skills
The role requires working flexibility in line with the learners’ work patterns. You will be required to have flexibility due to the location of learners, therefore travel is essential.
If you feel that this role could be right for you then please send over your CV as well as a covering letter to email@example.com by Monday 4th September.